Sunday, November 28, 2010

Malicious, and dangerous... if it's true

I came across a link to this warning on Twitter this afternoon - I know I don't live in Toronto, so the state of the Don Valley mountain bike trail isn't really high on my radar, but this struck me as a particularly infuriating class of assholery. Apparently someone decided to walk in and sabotage the wooden bridges by sawing through the support beams. According to the person who posted this, that entails a nine- to sixteen-foot fall if the bridge were to break. (He - or she - posts a few more pictures of the sabotage as well.)



It just strikes me, if this is true, as a really malicious thing to do. What reason could they possibly have? And does anyone have any idea if this is true... or if it's one of those razors-in-the-apple stories?

1 comment:

  1. Googling Don Valley mountain bike trail sabotage brings up links to a number of stories about it, suggesting that, yes, this type of assholery really does exist.

    JM

    ReplyDelete