So the temperatures soared up to July-like levels last weekend... but this week it's raining, cold, and I swear I felt ice pellets in the wind this morning on my way to work. But how easily our brains get reset! A month or two ago I was content to pull on my woolies, double up my gloves, put a hat on under my helmet, and head on out. Now? Now I get up, throw on a T-shirt and my shell, shove my feet into sneakers, and step out the front door into wet cold wind, spitting rain, and regret. It used to be habit that I would pull my gloves out of their little cubby in my hall closet out of sheer habit: now, well... my hands were freezing, stiff, and pink by the time I got to work, because gloves just didn't occur to me before I got outside.
Oh well. It'll pass. And in the meanwhile there are still badass bikes like this one that I stumble upon as I'm shivering my way around town, and just have to stop and get pictures of.

Got here via Blogawa.
ReplyDeleteHave you been acquainted with the Human Powered Vehicle Operators of Ottawa? They (we) ride a lot of fun bikes, and are also the local distributors of Momentum magazine.
Cheers.